Monday, June 25, 2007

Some decisions

I really like our car. So I decided to keep it. As some of you know, my car died a couple of weeks ago, so I've been in the market for a new car. I found it here in Portugal. So I was trying to figure out how to get it back to the States. But today this problem became moot when I decided to stay in Braga, Portugal. I really like it here. I really like driving around here. It's a match made in heaven. So after we're done touring around the Iberian Peninsula, I'm gonna come back here and stay. I just need to find a way to get money, oh and be legal. Dad said that I could just defend my thesis via the telephone.
Today when the conference was out for their really long lunch break, Dad and I went on a little pilgrimage to Bom Jesus do Monte. It was really pretty. Walking up the initial path there are scenes from the last fews hours of the Savior's life done in life-size terracotta. Then as you walk up the criss-crossing steps there are statues of the 5 senses with water coming out of the various examples of the senses, as well as the 3 virtues (faith, hope, charity), along with lots of statues of famous Biblical people. Then you arrive at the cathedral which is the most important Christ sanctuary in Portugal.
Oh, and here's a statue of Herod doing the Hula. Actually, he's just passing the buck by pointing to Pilate.
So Clark and I have gone on a few pilgrimages so far, we'll hit up another one on Wednesday and then maybe a few more after that.
Oh, I got so excited by a few of the things discussed today at the conference, that I had already come up with a few ideas for some research for the future, as well as a few things that I could change in my thesis to make it stronger. Now I have to wait a few weeks to be able to work on it :(

oh, and how about this shirt?

1 comment:

emily said...

Wow, where can I get a zp¡ce gas? Maybe in Braga? Because if you are really staying there then I am going to have to come visit. I like the tele-thesis defense idea. and I like your blog posts. and I like trying to comment on them as much as you did on mine.