Sunday, July 1, 2007

Barcelona

Sorry, I still don't have a way to put pictures on. But I will put some on, I promise.
We went on a Gaudí tour yesterday (meaning Saturday). We saw, among other things, the Casa Milà and La Sagrada Familia. I found Sagrada Familia awe inspiring. It was so amazing. His style is round. I'll put up a post about it when I get back. We spent a long time there.
Then I sent Dad on his way and I went to the Bookstore: La Casa del Llibre. I bought Harry Potter in Catalan, books 1-4, book 4 of HP but the british version, I got the little prince in Catalan, German and Italian, I got a catalan dictionary and a picture book of La Sagrada Familia. I was quite happy.
Later on we saw dancing by Catalans in the street. It's the native dance. It's really cool. I'll post a video about that two. It was hard to get a good video of the crowd because of the two naked men. They were icky. The old guy had tattoos everywhere. Bizarre.
I bought a Waterman fountain pen that's very sleek. I just can't get it to write. Hmmph.
Last night we had tapas. It was fun.
Today I had lots of yogurt because i didn't get any yesterday. Then I had yogurt gelato. Yum.
Today we went to the Picasso museum. It was interesting to see his progression as an artist. He was amazing as a young (14ish) painter.
Then we wandered around and saw the big Columbus statue then the Mediterranean. Today has been a little damp, so it was a real Mediterranean afternoon.
There's more, especially with pictures. But the computer's gonna kick me off.
Tomorrow in the early morning we're off to Madrid!!!
Here's to more yogurt!!!

2 comments:

Frau Magister said...

Hooray for yogurt, tapas and Catalan!

Andy said...

Dang it! You got to see them dance? I spent two years near Catalunya and I didn't get to see them perform. You are so lucky.